GDFTZ (Qianhai-Shekou) covers an area of 28.2 square kilometres, including Qianhai area (15 square kilometres) and Shekou area (13.2 square kilometres).GDFTZ (Qianhai-Shekou) sits to the west of Shenzhen and to the east of the Pearl River Delta estuary, connects to Hong Kong and Macau and stands at the commercial crossroads of some of the world’s largest economies. Within 30 km radius, there are two international airports which are Shenzhen and Hong Kong Airport, two world class container hub ports which are Hong Kong Port and Shenzhen Port, with rich industrial bases and three “circles” which are Shenzhen-Hong Kong cooperation circle, airports circle and seaports circle, having the top geographic advantages for the modern service industries.
- Investing in GDFTZ (Qianhai-Shekou)
- Businesses in Qianhai enjoy freedom from significant government involvement.
- Foreign investment framework
- The Foreign Investment Policy provides guidance on what factors are typically considered in assessing whether an investment proposal is contrary to the national interest.
- Foreign investment information
- Investment by a foreign entity in GDFTZ (Qianhai-Shekou) may require the formal submission of a proposal. Such proposals are subject to approval by the government of GDFTZ (Qianhai-Shekou).
- Financial Support
- The comprehensive pilot reform of the state’s modern service industry, the Ministry of Commerce and the Ministry of Finance will adopt some measures such as equity investment, financial assistance, substituting subsidies with rewards, loans with discounted interest, and awarding those who are settled, to give support to the modern service industries such as the financial industry, modern logistics industry and information services industry.
FINANCE MODERN LOGISTICSINFORMATION SERVICES
To promote innovation and partnership within the financial industry such as the cross-border RMB business, which should enable the development of Hong Kong as an offshore RMB settlement center.
To help Shenzhen's capital market to open up gradually in an orderly pattern, expanding and strengthening the partnership between the securities markets in Shenzhen and Hong Kong. The two markets should complement each other well; that should provide mutual benefits to each other and create a win-win situation.
To create a pilot area to promote innovation within the insurance industry vigorously, supporting innovative insurance projects to be launched in GDFTZ (Qianhai-Shekou).
Under the guidance of national financial regulatory institutions and following the national strategy of opening-up the financial industry, GDFTZ (Qianhai-Shekou) will strive to become an excellent example of innovation in the financial industry and of the opening-up process.
Including Port Service, Shipping Service and Strategic New Service Industry, guided by the goal of building a global logistics center by Shenzhen and Hong Kong, GDFTZ (Qianhai-Shekou) will encourage close partnership between Shenzhen and Hong Kong in modern logistics industry and will form a cluster for high-end logistics industry, which should in turn create a regional manufacturing organization hub and international supply chain management center.
As Hong Kong is the international shipping center, GDFTZ (Qianhai-Shekou) should focus on the development of its port shipping service.
To build an important supply chain management center for Asia Pacific and a shipping-related service base; strengthen the production service ability of the manufacturing industries in the Pearl River Delta.
To build information infrastructure and promote development in software, information technology services as well as information content services.
To promote development of high-level information transmission service industry and strengthen the partnership between domestic telecom operators with their counterparts in Hong Kong.
To attract first-class value-added providers, content providers and system integrators to Qianhai.
To promote development in software and information technology service industry, building a logistics information exchange in Southern China and an international e-commerce center.
To speed up the integrated development of network economy and real economy, using the proliferation of information technology to help drive the industrial upgrade of our manufacturing industry.